Atletico Madrid arrives having ended a streak of 3 consecutive victories in Liga Santander, a defeat against Eibar that slows its attempt to get into the fight for the title with Real Madrid and Barça, after he had won in a row to Levante (2-1), Betis (1-2) and Osasuna (2-0).
At home, Atlético Madrid has 4 victories in its last 5 games (1 defeat), very good results in its stadium that, despite everything, keep it in Champions League (3rd) places tied with Sevilla (4th) and with only 2 points advantage over the Getafe (5th). Therefore, this weekend he could lose his Champions League place if he does not win.
Atlético Madrid presents these numbers in the League:
– Ranked in 3rd position with 35 points after 20 games played.
– As home he has 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss with 14 goals in favor and 6 against.
– As a visitor he has 3 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses with 8 goals in favor and 8 against.
As for the lineup, Atlético Madrid will have the casualties of Koke Resurrección , Diego Costa and Šime Vrsaljko ; as well as the doubts of José María Giménez , Thomas Lemar and Kieran Trippier .
The Leganés arrives having ended a streak of 4 consecutive games without losing in the Santander League (2 wins and 2 draws), a defeat against Getafe (0-3) that curbs the good feelings he had registered after beating Espanyol (2 -0) and Celta Vigo (3-2), and draw away from home against Valladolid (2-2) and Alavés (1-1). Before these results he had chained 5 straight games without winning (1 draw and 4 losses).
As a visitor, Leganés has 10 straight games without winning (4 draws and 6 losses), a terrible career away from home that keeps him in relegation positions, although not in the last place, 4 points away from the marked permanence positions for Mallorca (17th).
The Leganés presents these numbers in the League:
– Ranked in 19th position with 14 points after 20 games played.
– As home he has 3 wins, 1 draw and 7 losses with 10 goals in favor and 17 against.
– As a visitor he has 0 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses with 6 goals in favor and 16 against.
As for the alignment, the Leganés will have the casualties of Alexander Szymanowski and Rubén Pérez ; as well as the doubt of Dimitrios Siovas.