FK Crvena zvezda – Suduva FREE PICKS
First leg of this third qualifying round of the Champions League, which will face the historic Red Star of Belgrade and the unknown Suduva of Lithuania.
In the first place, we will try to present the present of the Lithuanian team. The Suduva, has reached this phase of elimination becoming one of the most outstanding surprises of the previous round after eliminating Apoel Nicosia, a team characterized by having inhabited, in several editions of the Champions League, the group stage and even for having arrived, about eight years ago, to the quarterfinals of the aforementioned competition.
If we look at the results between the Lithuanians and the Cypriots, 3-1 in the first leg in favor of the Suduva and 1-0 in favor of the Apoel, we can intuit, because of the overall result, that the Lithuanians were masters of the tie. Nothing is further from reality, the results are extremely deceptive. I personally did not see the two games; but yes, several times, the summaries of both meetings. In the first match, the three Suduva goals came in the first 20 mintutes and, as many have seen, they were absolutely embarrassing goals, conceded and defended as if the Apoel were an amateur team. Moreover, they were such scandalous goals that, many users, in different forums, commented that Apoel had been left by the little or no defensive strength that they used to stop the three goals. Obviously, for personal purposes, I do not think that Apoel was left in the case of such an important elimination; but I do think and I think that they went out into the field extremely relaxed / confident and that, for this reason, they were faced with a hard and unexpected negative handicap that, even in the most extreme limit of their worst nightmares, they imagined. That said, I can emphasize that the goals of the Suduva were conceived more by a nefarious defense (I repeat, worthy of an amateur team) than by a good offensive quality. The Suduva did nothing remarkable, apart from thanking the Apoel gifts, defending themselves against the Cypriot attacks and praying that the islanders did not mark what they had in order to reverse the situation. In the end, in the last breath of the game, Apoel scored and took a goal, 3-1, which seemed to become the breath that would allow, already in Cyprus, solve the tie and forget the bad drink in Lithuania.
And so he painted the thing. A week later, the Apoel received the Lithuanians in the GSP stadium. In the 24th minute they managed to get ahead, 1-0, and everything seemed that, sooner or later, the second goal would come to turn the elimination in favor of the Cypriots. Surprisingly, from minute 24, the result did not move throughout the match, causing the Apoel to fall, finally, eliminated.
I saw the summary and the truth is that, in some moments of the video, I looked like an imbecile when I saw the occasions the locals failed. So clear occasions that, without a doubt, they invited me to think that the Lithuanians were having three-dimensional luck. You just have to see the statistics of this game to notice these words. An absolute madness hard to believe.
In second place, and explained the preliminary elimination of the Suduva, in which the most important arguments have been exposed according to my vision of the two meetings, we will invoke the reality of the Serbian team, the Star of Belgrade, qualified after eliminating the Spartaks of Latvia: 0-0 in Lithuania and 2-0 in Serbia. In this round, little to note, as consistency prevailed leading the favorite to the next qualifying phase. While it is true that the party was touching the extension because the Serbs did not score their two goals until the last ten minutes, I understand that it was due to the fact that Red Star is currently immersed in the middle of the preseason (just this last one Saturday has started the league) and the machinery of its players is not completely greased. Even so, and taking these words on the path of this qualifying round, I think that, today, the Red Star is, by far, much more team than the Suduva of Lithuania. If the quality of the premises prevails and there is no other strange space in which the Lithuanians are given goals and, apart, have the extreme luck of not conceding sung goals, I am sure that this bet should come out without many complications If I’m honest, I consider it a semi-safe bet. The only downside / inconvenience / point I find is that the Lithuanians are much more shot than the Serbs because they are in the eucuador of their native league (leaders in solitaires, although it should be remembered that in one of the worst leagues in Europe) and the Serbs, on the other hand, have just begun to dispute it. Anyway, for all the above, I still think that the Serbs are much more team than the Lithuanians; and, honestly, I do not see any comparison.
Data to take into account:
– Although they were other times and the unity of Yugoslavia made the Serbian teams more competitive by covering more territories, now become independent countries, we must not forget that the Red Star of Belgrade is a historical team, champion of a Champions League in 1991 and, later, World Champion after defeating Colo-Colo. This, whether you want it or not, is a data that imposes on any team; and much more if the rival team is a team without history, belonging to one of the worst leagues in Europe, as is the case of Suduva. Also, do not forget that the field of the Red Star of Belgrade, Rajko Mitik, also known as “the little Marcaná”, is a stadium that can hold up to 55,000 people. Undoubtedly, on the day of the match, will house a remarkable mass of fans in order to push their team to victory and, therefore, to the classification.
– I think that, after the surprise of the elimination of Apoel, the coach and Serbian players will come to the field aware that, in the Champions League, even in their first rounds, errors are paid; and that, even though they are aware that they are superior to the Lithuanians, they must leave fully concentrated so as not to commit the same faults as the Apoel.
– The Red Star’s historical need to return to a group stage in the Champions League. Every summer, the desire to reach a final stretch of the maximum European competition increases; and is that, since 1992, all have been failed attempts to be among the 32 best teams in Europe. There is a desire, more and more latent, to return the Red Star to the peak of the maximum competition even if the social and economic context is totally different from the golden age.
– The almost obligation to get a good result at home in order to avoid unnecessary surprises on Lithuanian lands. I doubt that the Serbs will settle for a tight result. For this reason, I am sure that they will try to make a comfortable difference to seal the classification in “the little Maracanã”.
– The more than clear superiority of the Serbian team: Stojkovic (28 years old, international with Montenegro); Savic (28 years old, has a player in the Girondins and in the Bundesliga 2); Degenek (24 years old, international with Australia, has played the World Cup in Russia); Milan Rodic (24 years old, international with Serbia, has played the World Cup in Russia, but without playing any minutes); Kristicic (28 years old, he has played in the Spanish and Italian first division); Ebecilio (24 years old, has played in Ajax and Russian Anzhi); Radonjic (22 years old, international with Serbia, has played the World Cup in Russia); El Fardou Mohamed (29 years old, has played in the first division of France and Greece). These are some of the most prominent players of the local team. On the other hand, the Suduva, although it enjoys some players who have played in leagues such as the Dutch, the second English, Russian or Greek, are players who, for the most part, are traveling on assignment in transfer without providing a remarkable quality in the teams by those who sign. Half of the team are Lithuanian players, which implies the poor quality that lives in the Suduva.
Check out our VIP Prediction for FK Crvena zvezda – Suduva
|About our PAID PICKS/VIP PREDICTIONS||Unlock our VIP prediction for this game!|