- Even if they started quite poorly this edition of the championship, Athletic Bilbao recovered their shape and now are ranked on the 7th place in LaLiga standings with 15 points. This season the team recorded 5 victories and suffered 4 defeats.
- However, the Basques have lost two of the last 3 games (1-2 at Malaga on the field and 1-2 at the Santiago Bernabeu against Real Madrid.
- Athletic Bilbao managed to triumph in last 3 matches played on their arena – the only defeat at “home” took place against Barcelona in round number two.
- Athletic Club have won their last 7 home matches against Osasuna in all competitions. Regarding the matches played at home, Athletic Bilbao scored 8 goals, thus having an average of just two goals in their own arena in the 4 games played.
- On the other hand, the newly promoted Osasuna Pamplona practice one of the worst games of the Primera Divison. The team is ranked on the 19th place in the standings with only 6 points obtained in the last 9 rounds of the championship, which came after 3 draws and a single victory.
- You still need to note that Osasuna did not lose in 2 of the last 4 matches played outside their own arenas and the defeats took place in front of teams applying for positions of the Champions League, as “Yellow Submarine” Villarreal and Real Madrid, the leader of La Liga.
- Osasuna main problem is represented by its extremely weak defensive, they received 19 goals in the last 9 matches, the only band that stand weaker in this regard is, Granada, which is by far the weakest team in this beginning of season
- Athletic Bilbao (4-2-3-1): Iraizoz – Balenziaga, Laporte, Bóveda, Marcos – Jose, Benat – Muniain, Garcia, Williams -Aduriz.
Absent: Aketxe (injured)
- Osasuna (3-5-2): Nauzet – Garcia, flange, Garcia – Oier, Digard, Cuevas Torres, Berenguer – Leon, Riera.
Absent: Riviere (suspended).
Submit your pick for Athletic Bilbao – Osasuna