Sporting Gijón arrives chaining 2 consecutive defeats in the SmartBank League, having lost against Zaragoza (2-0) and Extremadura (0-1). These defeats have come after he had linked 2 straight wins against Lugo (1-2) and Ponferradina (1-0) and had tied away from home against Mirandés (0-0).
As a local Sporting Gijón has lost 3 of its last 4 games (1 victory), a bad run in which it has only managed to beat the Ponferradina (1-0) and that leaves it located with only 3 points above the posts of descent, specifically of Tenerife (18º), Extremadura (19º) and Lugo (20º). As for the Copa del Rey, he was eliminated in the first round by Zamora (2-1).
Sporting Gijón presents these numbers in SmartBank League:
– Ranked in 15th position with 25 points after 22 contested days.
– As home he has 4 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses with 15 goals in favor and 12 against.
– As a visitor presents 2 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses with 5 goals in favor and 11 against.
As for the lineup, Sporting Gijón will have the loss of Francisco J. Molinero ; as well as the doubt of Damián Pérez .
Elche comes from not winning in 3 of its last 4 SmartBank League matches (2 draws and 1 loss), a dynamic in which it has only defeated Albacete (0-1), has drawn at home against Huesca (1- 1) and out against Cádiz (0-0) and has lost to Las Palmas (2-3). As for the Copa del Rey, it comes from eliminating the Yeclano Deportivo (1-2).
As a visitor, Elche comes from adding 4 straight games without losing (2 wins and 2 draws), a great dynamic of unbeatability that allows you to get fully into the fight for the promotion playoff positions (7th), since it is at only 1 point from Las Palmas (6th), the first team that occupies these positions, although it is also tied to points with Numancia (8th) and Mirandés (9th).
Elche presents these numbers in SmartBank League:
– Ranked in 7th position with 32 points after 22 contested days.
– As home he has 3 wins, 5 draws and 3 losses with 14 goals in favor and 13 against.
– As a visitor he presents 5 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses with 14 goals in favor and 11 against.
As for the alignment, Elche will have the doubt of Claudio Medina .