Cagliari vs. Palermo Prediction
- Cagliari and Palermo will be face to face this Monday in Round 11 of Serie A, the match will be a tight competition for sure but we expect Cagliari to lead this match and defeat their opponents.
Palermo players were unable to win in their last 4 games and are in a very poor shape this season.
The last direct match between the two teams was in May 2015 when Palermo defeat their opponents 0-1.
- Palermo are undefeated in the last four matches against Cagliari with two consecutive victories and two draws.
- Cagliari are ranked on the 14th place in Serie A standings with 13 points, 17 goals scored and 23 goals received and have failed to win 6 of the last 10 league matches.
- Although they started the season badly, the “red-blue” had a series of 4 wins in 5 games, losing only once against the champions Juventus. But Massimo Rastelli’s team began to fail in a serious way, cashing no less than 9 goals in the previous two games. Stinging failures against Fiorentina (3-5) and Lazio (4-1) brought it on Cagliari in a position to have the worst defensive in the hierarchy, with an average of 2.3 goals per game.
Palermo is ranked on the penultimate place in the standings with just six points collected in 10 matches, Palermo has forgotten the taste of victory, only on success had the team this season.
Palermo has the second worst attack and the third worst defensive in Serie A. However, they have hopes of moving in front Cagliari, they need to satisfy the great need points and to leave for a while even the relegation places.
- In the last 10 direct confrontations between the two teams, Palermo won 4 times, Cagliari won the other 2 lines and 4 matches ended with one draw.
- Cagliari’s last victory against Sicilians was in February 2012: 2-1 at home.
- Palermo has one victory on the field of Cagliari in the last 9 years: 1-0 May 2015.
- Cagliari (4-3-1-2): Storari- Pisacane, Ceppitelli Alves Bittante- Isla Tachtsidis Padoin- Gennaro- Borriello, Or.
- Absent: Ionita, Pedro Farias, Murru (injured)
- Coach: M. Rastelli.
- Palermo (4-2-3-1): Posavec- Rispoli, Cionek, Goldaniga, Pezzella- Gazzi, Hiljemark- Quaison, Diamanti, Aleesami- Nestorovski.
- Absent: Gonzalez, Trajkovski, Rajkovic, Balogh (injured).
- Coach: R. De Zerbi.
- We have a game where the balance is tilted to the home team. Cagliari has two embarrassing defeats in a row and want to change any price the bitter taste left by them. Palermo have a desperately needed of victory, perhaps one even bigger than the home side, but we think the difference in value between the two teams will have an impact in the result of this match and for sure the favourites are not Palermo and we expect Cagliari to win this match.
Submit your pick for Cagliari – Palermo